SEND Teaching Assistant
28.75 hours Monday – Friday
To be worked as 8.30am – 12pm and 12.45pm – 3pm
Bowsland Green Primary School is looking to appoint a Level 3 qualified Teaching Assistant, or a person completing this qualification, to support a Year 6 child with specific learning needs. Experience of working with children who need emotional support would be beneficial. We are looking for someone who has experience in the following areas:
- Strategies to develop social communication.
- Knowledge on how to promote independence.
- Strategies to support working memory and processing.
- Knowledge of effective speech and language strategies.
- Understanding of ways to support emotional need.
- Adapting the curriculum to meet need.
- Experience of developing gross motor skills.
- Makaton training.
- Ability to build supportive relationships with parents.
As a school we can offer:
- Superb pupils who are confident and enthusiastic learners
- Brilliant families, keen to work in partnership to ensure their children achieve the best possible outcomes
- A skilled, committed and positive staff team – a team that work exceptionally hard and exude positivity and humour
- The necessary training and support in order that you achieve your ‘Bowsland Best’
- A mentor who will support your induction at the school
- A committed inclusion team who will keep you updated and included in the processes in place for the pupil you will support
Closing Date – Tuesday 29th August, 4pm
Interview date – Tuesday 5th September
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.